Thursday, January 15, 2015

Posts about Lindy Focus - part 1


Off to the longest journey I have ever even imagined taking to a dance event - but for no other than LINDY FOCUS. The ride wasupposed to take a total of 17hours, that is if there is no traffic, including 4 changes I need to make along the way, which I can tell you I’m not going to miss. How much time did the entire trip take?



December 25, 2014 - can't sleep, making more touchups to dresses I want to sell at lindy focus, they all have to be perfect. Have to make sure I'm not forgetting anything I need to take with me.
I don't sleep.
Guy Schory stayed up with me, to spend a bit more time together (such a perfect life partner <3). I won't be seeing him for a week and a half! 


I leave the house at 6 am, with a huge suitcase, a food bag and a backpack. I rawith the heavy dance artillery,cause I'm afraid of being late. Geon the T (Boston's subway) which is pleasantly empty, have half an hour to kill, and I can't wait to taste breakfast. Guy packed me so well with yummy food he made, only to realize I haven't packed a single spoon or fork (dow!). I find the tiny spoon I put in my tea canister from David's Teas (yes!), eat some and reach Alewife.

Take the bus to NY. The organizer on the bus asks who on this bus has an available seat next to them. I raise my hand with fear, but she says I am the lucky one who got it to herself, (sweet!).
But I still can't sleep with all the excitement. Wondering what if didn't pack right and figuring that I left the white paper with travel instructions stuck to the fridge (Sh*t). Ok, no worries, when it's closer to noon I'll just give Katie a call, and she could explain how to get to NJ from Pennstation.
I dose off on the bus to wake up every half an hour or so.

I get to Penn Station anxious to go to the bathroom, and I wait in a 30 min line for itMiss my train and wait another 30 min for the next one. It is now 12:37 pm. I'm an hour late. Can't sleep on that train either. The ride is supposed to be between 35-55 min. How much time did it take?

Katie picks me up from the train station at Edison, and feeds me with steak (another win!) after about an hour of eating and chatting with her lovely mom, we hit the road.Itis now 2:17 PM. We start the drive and since I was nervous, I drank a lot of water and combined with lack of sleep, I had to stop like a million times on the road. I tried as hard as I could to stay up for Katie, but ended up passing out 3 times for about 1-1.5 hours each time. Katie was so sweet about it, especially as she didn't have a lot of sleep herself.

We had dinner at TGI Fridaywe saw on the road. It was a Friday and we got there just before a line started piling up to having to wait 20 min to be seated. (win again! I am good at this game!) Wshared a rack of BBQ Pork ribs and spinach dip, which were amazing, Katie also had coffee and said it was tasty.
The last 3 hours of the ride were the hardest, but at the last two Katie put a really awesome collection of 90's music. You have no idea how much awesomeness can come out of 2 girls singing angry Alanis Morissette songs among others in a car to stay awake, and how amazing it works! I loved our harmony. It was really cool. Katie you are one awesome friend!
also a win: only 1$ was spent on tolls, even though we were warned that it might reach up to 50$ worth of tolls. (another win!)

We got to the place sometime between 3:00-4:00 am, it'skinda blurry, I took a bath and went to bed. Woke up at 3:00 PM to start my lindy focus experience. 19 total trip hours. I can say it now, and I said it also then: TOTALLY WORTH IT! (and I'm not crazy, well.. maybe I am, but who are you to judge? If you are reading this, you are probably a lindy hopper too, so, I believe we share a craze).

Off to the longest jurney I have ever even imagined taking to a dance event - how about no other than LINDY FOCUS.  The ride is supposed to take a total of 17 hours, that is if there is no traffic, and I don't miss any part of the 4 changes I need to make along the way.

december 25 2014 - can't sleep, making more touchups to dresses I want to sell at lindy focus, they all have to be perfect. have to make sure I'm not forgetting anything I need in the suitcase.
I don't sleep.
Guy Schory stayed up with me, to spend a bit more time together (such a perfect life partner <3). I won't be seeing him for a week and a half! :/


I leave the house at 6 am, with a huge suitcase, a food bag and a backpack. run with the heavy dance artilery cause I'm afraid of being late. get on the T (Boston's subway) which is pleasently empty, have half an hour to kill: So I can't wait to taste breakfast. Guy packed me so well with Yummy food he made, only to realize I haven't packed a single spoon or fork (dow!). I find the tiny spoon I put in my tea canister from David's tea (yes!) eat some and reach alewife.

Take the bus to NY. The organizer on the bus asks: who on this bus has an available seat next to them? I raise my hand with fear, she says I am the lucky one who got it to myself, (sweet!).
But I still can't sleep with excitement. Wondering what if didn't pack right, remembering I left the white paper with travel instructions stuck to the fridge :P (Sh*t). ok, no worries, when it's is closer to noon I'll just make the call to Katie, and she could explain how to get to NJ from pan station.
I dose off on the bus to wake up every half an hour or so.

I get to Pan Station anxious to go to the bathroom. I wait in a 30 min line to the bathroom. miss my train, wait another 30 min for the next one. it is now 12:37 pm. I'm an hour late. Can't sleep on that train either. the ride is supposed to be between 35-55 min.

Katie picks me up from the train station at edison, and feeds me with steak (another win!) after about an hour of eating and chating with her lovely mom, we hit the road. it is now 2:17 PM. We start the drive and since I was nervous, I drank a lot of water and already with a lack of sleep, I had to stop like a million times on the road.I tried as hard as I could to stay up for Katie, but ended up passing out 3 times for between an 1-1.5 hours each time. Katie was so sweet about it, and didn't have a lot of sleep herself.

We had dinner at TGI fridays we saw on the road. It was a friday and we got there just before a line started pilling up to having to wait 20 min to be sitted. (win again! I am good at this game!) we shared a rack of BBQ Pork ribs and spinage dip which were amazing, katie also had coffee and said it was tasty.
The last 3 hours of the ride looked to be the hardest. but at the last two katie puled up a really awesome collection of 90's music. you have no idea how much awesomeness can come out of 2 girls singing angry Alanis Morisset songs among others in a car to stay awake, and how amazing it works! I loved our harmony. It was really cool. Katie you are one awesome bundle!
also a win: only 1$ was spent on tolls. even though we were warned that it might reach up to 50$ worth of tolls. (another win!)

We got to the place between 3:00-4:00 am, it's kinda blurry, I took a bath and went to bed. woke up at 3:00 PM to start my lindy focus experience. 19 total trip hours. I can say it now, and I said it also then: TOTALLY WORTH IT! (and I'm not crazy, well.. maybe I am, but who are you to judge? If you are reading this, you are probably a lindy hopper too, so, I believe we share a craze).


No comments:

Post a Comment